Engineered timber flooring has become commonplace in recent years, it is a very long-lasting and durable flooring option loved by many Australian families. Timber flooring eastern suburbs Sydney has been a favorite for many years, so what is different about its engineered cousin?
Engineered timber flooring is made up of two layers of wood that have been bonded together. The layers are joined using high pressure and heat. Each layer is different; the top one is the visible surface, typically made from a thin, finely finished piece of timber, while the underside is a more stable piece of plywood. These different materials ensure the engineered timber flooring retains both the beauty of a wooden floorboard and the stability of plywood, resisting expansion and contraction.
There are a few big advantages to engineered timber flooring:
- Much more stable than solid timber and less likely to expand under humidity.
- Very wide range of finishes as any timber can be used for the visible layer.
- Much quicker and simpler to install.
- Much simpler to clean with only a broom or mop, does not need to be sanded down.
- Substantially cheaper than solid wood floors.
But there are also some ways in which timber flooring eastern suburbs Sydney is superior:
- More natural and luxurious look.
- Feels much more solid than engineered versions as there is no ply under-layer.
- Environmentally friendly with less processing and fully renewable.
- Still has a longer lifespan than its engineered alternative.
Overall, engineered timber flooring and timber flooring eastern suburbs Sydney are both great options for a home; the decision is based mostly on which advantages are most important in your home’s context. East Side Flooring carries a wide range of both of these types. Contact East Side Flooring for more information.